Friday, November 20, 2009

When Children Pray

Isn’t it funny how and when God chooses to intervene? For example…Friday afternoon of a VERY long week. I am exhausted, a little stressed, and slightly overwhelmed by all that has to be done in the final month of school before Christmas. Lunch is almost over, the kids are waiting at the door and I am just not mentally prepared to teach for the rest of the afternoon. The door opens and the lessons begin.

Science- the human body.
Social Studies – cultures.

God intervenes...

At this point in time, God begins to stir something inside of my students...my small, 5-7 year old students, to get on their knees and pray for people around the world. Hearing their small voices pray absolutely huge prayers was by far one of most humbling and encouraging moments I have had in the classroom so far. These children have an awareness and compassion for people around the world that is so rarely seen. How I so desire to have their child-like faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment