Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Down in the South

Wow....day one of the adventure is now complete!
I boarded the plane in Buffalo this morning, said a tearful good bye to my dalhouse girls and set off to Dallas. I had only one moment of hesitation the entire time...I spilled coffee all over my lap on the plane. Its crazy how I almost said "God is this a sign?"....a little spilled coffee...I got over that quick.

Christina, another teacher who will be coming to the ship with me, picked me up from the airport...instant bond! It was beautiful! We had a big welcome dinner with all of the participants from the training and then had a chance to get settled into our rooms and bond with the other girls here :D! Kinda feels like Uni all over again...only a bit older, knowing a bit more, and you can tell by the sound of the accents that I'm one of the only northerners haha!! But all is great...I'm a little eerie about the bugs and poisonous things but I'm sure with time, I will conquer yet one more of my fears :D! Thanks for all your prayers for safe travelling...God is so faithful.

2 comments:

  1. Hope your having an amazing time!
    Thanks for the card,
    -Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog looks scrapbooked! I love it! And also...You cut me out of your profile picture

    ReplyDelete