Monday, August 10, 2009

First Day of School

Early this morning, I was WIDE awake at 6 am thinking....wow....first day of school....I am a real teacher. These are words that I have always looked forward to saying someday. I have officially survived the first day as a real teacher and loved each and every minute of it. After today, I had to laugh at some of the words I never thought I would say/hear a student say on my first day of school.....
ie.
1. When discussing classroom rules...."Be safe....means that we keep both feet on deck so we
don't fall into the water".
2. When spinning the globe in social studies....."Raise your hand when you see the continent you were born in pass by" and seeing hands go up at very distinct intervals.
3. When introducing myself and what I like to do, being corrected that I do not enjoy soccer...but rather football!
4. When filling in the weather chart, needing to look outside for the weather as our 'walk' to school was down the hall, up the stairs and to the right!
5. Hearing the response to my question "Why is it important to be kind to those in need" - "Because God tells us to love them...because He loves them. That's why we're here isn't it Ms. Danae?" (wow...thank you for being in Grade 2 and understanding something so much bigger than yourself)

and of course.....
6. Saying "See you at dinner" to my students as they were leaving the classroom.

Greatly looking forward to Day #2!!!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds wonderful Danae! I can't tell you how happy I am for you!! Can't wait to hear more updates :) Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that's so awesome Danae! Sounds like you have a great class...and they have a great teacher ;) It's exciting to hear about what it's like to get on the ship after all the waiting and prep...can't wait for that! Have a great first week! :)

    ReplyDelete